Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Will having a vit d and vit b12 deficiency cause hair loss, will using nioxin help?

my hair has started falling out for about two months now, gradually getting worse. i went to the dr on 1/4/10 and my b12 was low and my vit d was 17. i have been taking a vit d supplement since 1/5/10 and have to take monthly injections of vitb12. my hair is still falling out, mostly when i shower, its enough to clog the drain and then we i comb it i use a wide tooth pick to comb it and i get another glob of hair. im starting to freak out. i went and got nioxin shampoo and conditioner thinking it may help but when i use it, it seems like more hair falls out than when i use just treseme. also i have been taking 7500mcg of biotin to help... so far no change except its still gradually getting worse. my dr seemed to blow off the issue but i am really concerned. can anyone give me and advice or tell me if taking the supplements will help stop the hair loss and if so how long will it take for it to stop. i am only 22 and very upset that my hair is fallin out?? please help.Will having a vit d and vit b12 deficiency cause hair loss, will using nioxin help?
You may have heard that hair goes in ';cycles';


well this is the stage of your hair where for say, 2-5 months your hair will regenerate itself by falling out in large amounts. You're probably fine as far as your health - but its still good to keep it in close check.





Anyways I've gone through this stage about 1 or 2 times in my life. (I'm a little younger than you are) My hair does not look thin nor do I look sickly. It's just something that happens every so often. For me it lasted about 4 months (?)...if i can remember. I have long hair, btw.

No comments:

Post a Comment