Monday, January 30, 2012

Does the depo -provera shot really cause acne, weight gain, hair loss and depression? ?

I'm thinking of using the shot or an IUD and I'm comparing the side effects of the two i heard with an IUD it can get embedded in the uterus and can slip out what ever birth control i use i know its between these two. Please help me and give opinions on which is better thanks!Does the depo -provera shot really cause acne, weight gain, hair loss and depression? ?
I have actually used both, so I can tell you my experiences.





I hated Depo. I gained a ton of weight while on it (over 40lbs) even though I maintained a healthy diet and exercise. 70% of all users gain some weight, 50% gain significant amounts. My skin broke out horribly. I had really bad mood swings, depression, and migraines. I had one period every 3 months, but I was never sure when it would come. My hair fell out in handfuls, and I lost my sex drive completely. Even more concerning is the new research that has found Depo seriously deplete bone density levels... and this side effect is permanent.





I have been using the IUD Mirena (the one with the hormones) for over 2 years now and I love it. I haven't had a period since it was inserted. I know this concerns some people, but only 20% of all users stop mensturating. The rest have shorter and lighter periods. It is the most effective birth control on the market. Expulsion (the IUD coming out) is very rare, but more likely if you have never had a child before. If this is your case, you may want to discuss this with your doctor. It is still very rare, though. Having the IUD get imbedded is also very rare, and that has more to do with the insertion. If your doctor has inserted this birth control before and knows what he or she is doing, you really don't have much to worry about.





Feel free to email me if you have any other questions.Does the depo -provera shot really cause acne, weight gain, hair loss and depression? ?
i just got off of the depo shot, i never had acne before and while on it i developed acne so bad it would hurt to touch my face. i am now on the nuva ring which is just like the pill except it is inserted and left in for 3 weeks and then taken out to have a period. i hope this helps you!

Report Abuse



Well you could look up I U D on the web or and ask your doctor, but from the info you gave me you might want to try using the depo provera shot might be better it does not cause acne, hair loss, depression or extreme weight gain if you eat correctly. Talk with your doctor mention that you're interested in using this see if you will be able to.


GOOD LUCK





J J
You do gain weight using the depo shot, but its the most effective b.c.


I used to take depo, I gained weight but I discontinued using the shot. I eventually lost the weight. This was 8 yrs ago. I am 34 now and I have a 15 y/o son.


What form of birth control am I on now? Nothing.
Yes, the depo shot causes weight gain. Sometimes significant weight gain. It is very effective to prevent pregnancy. The IUD has been around forever and has a great success rate also. I would go IUD if I were you.
I dont no about the other symptoms but it causes weight gain!!! I have several family members and friends thats on it or been on it all of them pretty much picked up weight except for like one of them!!!





WHO KNOWS MAYBE YOU WILL BE LUCK AND NOT GAIN ANY!
the depo shot is better then haveing a baby you can look up on the coumputer about depo shot mylosenior@yahoo.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment