Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I take Topamax for migraine prevention. Can it cause 101 fever and/or hair loss?

I am recovering from mono also and I cannot tell whether I am just relapsing with the mono or whether the Topomax could be causing me to run a fever. Also my hair has started falling out again. Not sure what is going on. Anyone have any ideas??I take Topamax for migraine prevention. Can it cause 101 fever and/or hair loss?
I take topamax and have never had a fever or hair loss. I have had tingling hands and feet and numb lips that have gone away. I have heard that you can loose hair. Here is a link with a lot of people's experiences. They rate the drug from on to five, with five being the best



http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asI take Topamax for migraine prevention. Can it cause 101 fever and/or hair loss?
I lost a ton of hair on Topamax. It hasn't come back. Beware.

Report Abuse


Any drug may cause drug fever. Topamax has been reported to be associated with heat stroke in some patients who did not sweat enough. 9% of Topamax patients on 400 mg /d report fevers compared with no patients on 50 mg/d.



Hair loss was reported in 5% of Topamax patinets on 400 mg/d, but only in 2% in those on only 50 mg/d.



so the answer is yes, to both.

No comments:

Post a Comment