Friday, February 3, 2012

What causes patchy hair loss in women? I have been told stess. That's too general of an answer for me!?

I have had my thyroid checked, numerous blood tests. I have been told that it could be linked to sleep apnea. I've been tested for lupus. My doctor doesn't have any answers... I'm just wondering if she could be missing something. I am 33, I first experienced hair loss after the birth of my second daughter in 2002. I'll get a spot, usually on the right side of my head that starts out about the size of a pencil eraser. They have been as big as an orange! I'm talking smooth baby butt bald! Hair slowly grows back, but another spot will usually appear before the previous one is completely covered by new hair. Right now, I have a spot on the back of my head about the size of a golf ball. I am stressed worrying about my hair falling out. Other than that, I would not say that I am under any more stress than most.What causes patchy hair loss in women? I have been told stess. That's too general of an answer for me!?
stress definitely can cause hair loss. but have you been diagnosed with alopecia? alopecia is just baldness, and alot of women experience alopecia...maybe you should talk to your doctor about alopecia and whether or not your hair loss is a result of that.What causes patchy hair loss in women? I have been told stess. That's too general of an answer for me!?
The fact that the baldness moves could indicate ringworm. And I know that this is REALLY hard to get rid of once you have it. There are some teachers that develop this as a chronic disease because they're exposed to it so incessantly.
Yes, stress can be a major reason, but also a hormonal imbalance causes that as well. I'm experiencing the same thing. You'll have to ask your doctor and see if he can get you on some kind of hormone or if you want to do it naturally, then search the web on'; hormonal imbalance';. It all depends on what your body needs, so I can't just say ';Take this, this, and this and your problems will be cured.'; Your doctor may support you if you want to go natural, and help you figure out what you need to do, but usually doctors just want to put you on some kind of drug. Search all your options and go from there. Talk to people, or you could go to your local health food store and ask them their advice. I hope this helps. Good luck.
cholesterol medication could cause hair to fall out. you didn't say if your are on any meds, but that can cause hair loss.
Alopecia areata is an autoimmune malfunction. This mean your immune system attacks the hair follicles in the patch as if they were ';invaders';. Stress can bring it on, but it is common in families that have eczema, psoriasis, asthma.


Low thyroid function can be associated with it.





During menopause the placenta takes on the production of progesterone and levels rise dramatically. After childbirth there is a sharp fall in progesterone. In an indirect way progesterone can help you make stress hormones, but low progesterone is not usually the cause of alopecia areata - or lots more menopausal ladies would suffer - children also suffer.





Low iron levels have been associated with all forms of hair loss - so it may be worth getting your Ferratin level - iron stores checked.





Regards





Andy
There is a great shift in hormone levels after pregnancy and hair loss is very typical. It would be helpful to know if your doctor had your hormones checked. There is also a condition known as alopecia which has no known cause - they used to say stress, but they do not any longer. The fact that your hair grows back is the interesting (and hopeful) part.





I would definitely get to a dermatologist along the way - they can offer a different point of view.

No comments:

Post a Comment